MUSIC – It’s more than just a 5 letter word. It’s LIFE; It’s PASSION; It’s TRANSCENDENCE.
Music allows us to fully express ourselves, without even saying a word. Music is a vehicle of relaxation. So it’s only fitting that on a warm Sunday afternoon in New York, I sit in front of my computer and write about Music.
In this post, I’ll be sharing a list of the Top 5 Music Apps For iPhone.
After downloading and testing more than 20 apps, I’ve narrowed my list down to the Top 5 Music Apps that every music-loving iPhone user should have on their iPhone.
So, without further ado, the list is as follows:
1) SoundHound – This is hands down the greatest music app ever created. SoundHound is a Music Search and Discovery tool that helps you identify the music playing around you. Love the song playing on the radio, but don’t know it’s name or the artist? Just tap the SoundHound button and the app will do the rest. SoundHoud will give you the name of the song, the artist, the lyrics, and the option to buy the song directly from iTunes.
2) Pandora Radio – The name says it all. Pandora is the most downloaded Radio app on the iTunes App Store. Pandora has a huge selection of preset radio stations, ranging from Jazz to Hip-Hop to Heavy Metal.
3) Genius by Rap Genius – If you love Hip-Hop music, you need to download Genius by Rap Genius. For those who don’t know, Rap Genius is a popular website that helps users understand the meaning of Rap lyrics. Hip-Hop, more than any other genre of music, is famous for using multiple cryptic metaphors and entendres in its lyrics. So when Jay-Z says he’s got a “Pound Cake”, it doesn’t literally mean a Pound Cake. It’s a metaphor for Diamonds. I got that from Rap Genius. It’s a pretty dope app.
4) Spotify Music – Spotify is a subscription based service, that allows you to access unlimited Music, for a modest monthly fee. So instead of buying a song, you can get it for FREE on Spotify.
Here is a list of all the Premium features of Spotify:
- Play any song, any time on any device–mobile, tablet, or your computer
- Download music for offline listening.
- Enjoy amazing sound quality.
- No ads – just uninterrupted music.
- No commitment – cancel any time you like.
5) SoundCloud – SoundCloud is a great app for discovering new music. Many artists release their latest music on SoundCloud. The fact that SoundCloud is FREE, makes it even much cooler. Think of SoundCloud as the YouTube for Music.
And there you have it!
The Top 5 Music Apps For iPhone.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below.
Posted: April 6, 2014 at 3:04 pm, Last Updated: May 24, 2014 at 6:08 pm