As a former Wall Street Trader, I was required to remember and keep track of a zillion things; from company earnings, to important economic announcements, to meeting a VIP Client for lunch, and so on… Often times, I used to find myself losing track of things, and sometimes even confused as to what I need to do next. Part of it was the constant stress and countless sleepless nights. Either way, I was pretty beat-up. That’s when a good friend of mine suggested that I experiment with memory and alertness games; I guess it had something to do with increasing the elasticity of the human brain, which made perfect sense, as the human brain is also a muscle and needs to be exercised regularly. So, the first thing I did was go to the iTunes App Store and find the best memory games; I must have downloaded around 8-10 apps, before I narrowed my list down to the 5 best apps. And so it began.
I’ve been using these apps for the past 7 months now, and I gotta admit, my focus, logical thinking, math skills, and short-term memory have increased dramatically.
So, without further ado, here is a list of the 5 best memory games on the iTunes App Store:
1) Unblock Me – This is my favorite memory game app. It’s really simple, yet very effective. Unblock Me is a puzzle app, with over 9,000+ puzzles. The goal is to re-arrange the blocks and make way for the Primary Block (Red) to exit the maze, in as few moves as possible. It’s really fun, and helps with Logical Thinking and Short-Term Memory.
2) Tetris – This is pretty much self-explanatory. One of the oldest and the most fun video-games ever created, Tetris is one of the best memory games on the iTunes App Store. Tetris helps with Logic and Decision Making.
3) Sudoku – Search Sudoku on iTunes App Store and you’ll find hundreds of good Sudoku apps. Sudoku is a great puzzle game that helps with Logic, Decision Making, and Mathematics.
4) Threes! – This is the newest addition to my list. Threes! is a really simple puzzle game, and it’s also very unique. The more you play this game, the more it grows on you. Threes! helps with Logical Thinking and Mathematics.
5) Temple Run – This is probably the most popular iPhone game EVER. Aside from being highly addictive, Temple Run is really good for your brain, and helps in improving your focus/alertness. In my opinion, Temple Run is the best Hand-Eye co-ordination game on the iTunes App Store.
And there you have it. These are the 5 games that I personally use to improve my memory and focus. Here at App Store Download, we too are working on developing a game that combines all the features of the above games in ONE App. I like to think of it as The Ultimate Brain Trainer. Our app will focus on Memory, Logical Thinking, Mathematics, Language, Focus, Reflexes, and much more. I’ll post an update once our app is LIVE on the iTunes App Store. Until then, I highly recommend you try the apps mentioned in this blog post.