Do you know why Smartphones are awesome? Because they are really SMART.
I remember back in the day, when NOKIA was the biggest player in Mobile devices .i.e. Cell Phones. The Symbian OS was probably the greatest thing since sliced bread. Those black and white phones with small screens and a really bad display were once considered as a symbol of wealth. I remember, one of the hardest things to do on those phones was creating a Ringtone. I used to spend hours punching complex codes on the keyboard trying to create a Beethoven masterpiece. Ah, the good old days.
Thankfully, we live in a technological age where you don’t have to sit for hours to create a simple 10 second ringtone. Creating a ringtone is now easier than ever. With just few simple steps, anyone can create a ringtone of their choice.
In this blog post, I’ll be sharing a simple method that you can use to create Unlimited Free Ringtones for your iPhone.
So, without further ado, here are the steps to create an iPhone Ringtone:
1) Open iTunes and go to your Music Library.
2) Right Click on your Favorite Song and click on “Get Info”.
3) Click on the Options Tab and Check the Start and Stop Boxes. Obviously, you can’t set the entire song as your ringtone; what you need to do is, select a portion of the song, 30 Seconds to be exact, that you really love. Probably the Hook, a Verse, Bass Drop, etc… basically any portion of the song that you really love.
Now input the Start and the Stop time – 30 Seconds.
4) Now Right Click on the same Song (Track) again and click on “Create AAC Version”.
What this does is, it Cuts the portion of the track that you want as your ringtone, and creates a separate file.
5) Right Click on the new 30 Second sample track, and click on “Show In Windows Explorer”.
Find the sample track that you just created. Since both the tracks have the same name, iTunes will automatically add a numerical identifier to the sample track.
Original Track Name – Track Eminem
Sample Track Name – Track Eminem 01
Note: By Default, Windows Explores does not show File Extensions. So you’ll need to go to Organize > Folder and Search Options > View
Uncheck the “Hide Extensions For Known File Types” Box.
6) Now that the File Extensions are visible, Rename the File Extension for the Sample Track, from .m4a to .m4r
Original Track Name With File Extension: Track Eminem.m4a
Renamed Track Name With New File Extension: Ringtone Eminem.m4r
You’ll get a Windows Pop-Up warning you about changing the File Extension > Click OK.
Now the track has officially been converted to a Ringtone. All you have to do is Sync it with your iPhone.
Note: In order to avoid confusion, make sure to Change the name of the sample track > Delete the sample track with Old Name from your iTunes Music Library > Drag and Drop the sample track with New Name to your iTunes Music Library.
Enable The Tones Tab on iTunes:
Edit > Preferences > Check The Tones Box
In order to sync the ringtones with your iPhone, follow these steps:
1) Connect your iPhone to your computer, and open iTunes.
2) Under Devices, click on your iPhone Device. You’ll see the General Settings (Summary).
Scroll Down and under Options, Check The Following Box:
Manually Manage Music and Videos
3) Go to your iTunes Music Library, the one on your Computer, and simply Drag and Drop the sample track to your iPhone Device.
Assuming you’ve followed all the above steps correctly, you’re now ready to set your new Ringtone as your Default.
To change the Ringtone on your iPhone, follow these steps:
Settings > Sounds > Ringtone
You’ll now see your new ringtone on the list.
Congratulations! You’ve just won Free Ringtones for LIFE.
In conclusion, I’ll just say this:
I know at first this Method might seem a bit confusing and tedious, but once you master all the steps, you’ll be able to create Unlimited Free Ringtones within minutes.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please leave a comment below.
Download our brand new iPhone App – Glamourize Custom HD Wallpapers and Themes For iPhone