Hand’s down one of the most annoying and fucked up physical condition that one can suffer from, Sciatic Nerve Pain can limit your mobility severely and possibly damage your social life.
I’ve been suffering from Sciatic Nerve Pain for the past 5 years now. In my case, the causes are many, some of them I’ve outlined below:
- Height – I’m a TALL mothafucker.
- Weight – Though not heavy-heavy, I do pack some quality pounds.
- Sitting – Given the nature of my work, I have to sit around all day in front of my computer for 7-8 hrs per day.
- Exercise – I think I might have injured my lower back/spine while doing Deadlifts couple years back. I don’t Deadlift anymore, just in case you were wondering.
- Bad Posture – Standing and Sitting.
If I were to pick one reason, it would definitely be Exercising – especially lower back heavy exercises like Deadlifts.
But, another not so well know reason could be sitting on the Toilet for too long. Let’s face it, there’s something special about taking a quality shit in the morning. It’s a stress reliever, and just an overall awesome experience. The problem however, is when you get too involved in the whole process and as a result, lose track of time. This is especially the case these days when people take their Smartphones and Tablets with them to the toilet, and fuck around the Interweb while taking that quality shit; or play stupid games. Either way, I’ve found that sitting on the Toilet for more than 25+ Mins can really aggravate the sciatic nerve, and cause shooting pain in your lower back and leg. So if nothing else, trying cutting down on the amount of time you spend sitting on the Toilet.
Though there’s plenty of literature out there in terms of remedies, the best one that I’ve come across is Chiropractic Spinal Adjustment. Go to your local Chiropractor and get the spine adjusted. If you don’t have Chiropractor in your country, try consulting a Physical Therapist.
Posted: April 3, 2016 at 12:28 pm