Have you lost your iPhone? Are you planning to lose your iPhone? If you answered YES to any of those questions, don’t worry, you’re not alone. I’m not here to psychoanalyze you, or point fingers. The HOW is not important. You lost your iPhone; end of story. Now we need to find it.
The method I’m about to describe in this post, is really simple, and hopefully will help you recover your lost iPhone.
Note: In order for this method to work, your lost iPhone device needs to have the Find My iPhone app installed on it. Without the app, you won’t be able to recover your iPhone.
Every responsible iPhone user MUST have the Find My iPhone app installed on their device. If you haven’t already, I highly recommend you go to iTunes App Store and download the app; it’s FREE.
Now, assuming that your device has the Find My iPhone app installed on it, and the Location Services Enabled (Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find My iPhone), here’s what you need to do if you lose your device:
1) Go to iCloud.com and login using your Apple ID.
2) Click on Find My iPhone. It takes about 10-20 seconds for Apple to locate your device.
3) Click on the location of your device, and you’ll see 3 options: Play Sound, Erase iPhone Data, Lost Mode. Select the option that you’re most comfortable with. Don’t force it. Sometimes, it’s best to Let Go.
Here is a list of all the things you can do with Find My iPhone:
- Locate your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac on a map
- Play a sound for two minutes at full volume (even if your device is set to silent)
- Remotely lock your device with a passcode
- Display a custom message on the Lock Screen
- Remotely erase all the content and settings on your device
- Lost Mode (iOS 6 or later)
- Driving directions to device location (iOS 6 or later)
- Battery charge indicator
You can download Find My iPhone on the iTunes App Store – http://goo.gl/66TPe
Hope this helps.[ec_stars_rating]
Posted: March 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm